Friday, March 20, 2009

A Sock is Born

For my birthday, my sister gave me this great sock yarn and a template to create a pair of socks. At first the task seemed daunting, but as I read through the pattern step-by-step I realized it was doable. It took me awhile to knit it up (due to the fine yarn and small needles) but I finally finished my first "real" sock. It fits great, the only thing is that it is very pointy. I just think of it as my Elf sock. I'm moving up in the knitting world! Once I finish the mate, I'm going to try a cardigan. We'll see how that one goes. So without further ado, I introduce....my sock:

Please realize that my ankle is NOT this fat, it is the angle at which I took the picture. It's not easy to photograph your own foot from the side. Nor do I have cankles in real life, once again it was the angle.

1 comment:

Holly West said...

LOL, I won't say anthing about cankles then...

The sock looks great. I so love that yarn. I need to finish my hat.