Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Blood Artists: A Review


This is the third book I've finished for the reading challenge. It was a scientific thriller about a deadly virus that starts in Africa, and mysteriously moves to America in small controlled outbreaks. It is set in Atlanta, about five years in the future, at the center for disease control. The main characters, Stephen and Peter, once friends and now enemies, must work together to find the source of the infection and try and stop it. With the help of Melanie, one of the only known survivors of the virus, it is a race against time.
Over all I enjoyed the book very much. The writing itself wasn't fantastic, but the storyline was original and it kept me wanting to read more. It was a quick read and your interest is grabbed right at the beginning. I classify this as a good airplane book and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a different type of thriller. This is Chuck Hogan's second book. I'm thinking of reading his debut novel, The Standoff, down the road. We will see. So many books, so little time!
On to book number four! My next selection is The Last Templar, by Raymond Khoury. I picked this one because I was intrigued by the subject matter while reading The Davinci Code. I'm anticipating another fast read. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Holly West said...

Good color change! But I thought you hated pink?

Morgan said...

I wanted something springy and I'm learning that pink isn't such a bad color.

Holly West said...

I was talking about that with some girlfriends recently. We all said that we used to hate pink but now we love it.