Saturday, September 29, 2007

Marty...A Saga Continued


Well Marty seems to be getting better. He is eating on his own and I no longer have to force feed him. He eats both his dry food and his wet food. I cannot tell you what a relief I feel. Over the past few days he has returned to his normal behavior. He is still rather skinny, but you can tell he has gained a few pounds. Marty is meowing and playing like he use to. He had another liver enzyme test yesterday and the results came back good. Although his billirubin count is still not normal, it has decreased by half. That means his liver is becoming healthy again. As for the FIP, he does have it; however, I learned there are two types. One that he recovers from and one that he doesn't. At this point, we still don't know which one he has. We will be able to test him again in about three weeks. If the count goes down, then he has the non fatal FIP virus. My hopes remain high because of the progress he has made. Wednesday night I was in tears. I was convinced that I was going to lose him. Then Thursday morning rolled around and a miracle happened. Marty ate all day long. It all happened so fast. I was thrilled! So I'll let you know in a few weeks how the FIP test comes back. In the mean time I am going to enjoy having a happy cat around again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY!!!! That's great news Morgan. I'm so happy to hear!