Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Frame From the Sea



When Jim and I went camping at the beginning of the month we went to a place called Glass Beach. It's in Fort Bragg. The beach use to be a landfill, or somthing like that. As a result, the entire beach is covered with sea glass. It was the neatest place. I spent about an hour gathering as much glass as I could in a ziploc bag. I brought it home with the intention of making a frame. I would then place a picture for our trip in it. Tonight I finished it. I was really happy with it. The colors are a bit limited, but I still like the overall effect.
The base of the frame is clear and then I accented it with the colored glass. I got the frame at the dollar store and used a hot glue gun to glue on the glass. This is the picture I'm going to put in it.

2 comments:

Holly West said...

It's real purty!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. You totally should have your own tv show Morgan. "Cheap Crafty Chick".