Saturday, March 1, 2008

A World of Miniatures

Since I have pretty much finished up my craft room remodel, I have decided to start on the project of remodeling my dollhouse. I plan on re-doing the house itself, mounting it on a board, and then landscaping it. I want to make most of the things myself. I have been looking at different places where you can buy miniatures on the web to get ideas. So here are two things I have made so far.


A long time ago, my dad got me a sewing machine and a dress form for my birthday. I was tired of seeing the dress form naked, so I made a mini replica of my wedding dress to put on it. It's not perfect, but the point is made.










Now the next thing I made is my favorite. I am still in shock at how good it came out. It took me about an hour and a half to make. It is constructed out of balsa wood and hot glue. My plan is to stain it, or paint it. I am going to make a green house and this is going to go in it. It is a potting table. later I will put pots, soil, mini tools, etc. on it.



So that is all I have made so far. There will be plenty more to come. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love what you've made so far. Someday when we have a bigger house I'm going to make a gothic dollhouse myself as well. I already have it all picked out on my Amazon.com wish list. Now I just need the space to put it and work on it. Ah well, add it to the list of things I want.

I love that you're doing a doll house makeover on it. Good hobby idea.