Thursday, April 3, 2008

In the Deep Blue Sea

I have decided I needed to expand my knitting. I found a book at the library that has patterns for knitting stuffed animals. At first I thought no way can I do that; however, as I looked through it, realized it wasn't as hard as I thought. I chose the turtle as my first project because I thought it looked manageable. It was actually one of the intermediate projects, but that was only because of the shell design and the many pieces. I had no problem whipping this up. It only took about 6 movies to make. There is nothing fancy about making it. If you can knit, purl, increase and "knit 2 together" you can make this. I am going to give it to a co-worker as a baby shower present. My next project is a colorful octopus. That is going to take a lot more time. I have to make 8 legs and each one is like 90 rows long.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! all the girls in my art classes are into sea turtles lately. They'd love it!