Thursday, April 3, 2008

In my father's footsteps

There were two things that I still needed before my craft room was complete... a chair/sofa and a side table. I have been going to the thrift store about once a week looking for both. Well I finally found a table, but it wasn't at the thrift store. About a month ago, I was out for my long run that I normally do on Sundays. As I was running, I saw a sign for a garage sale. I decided I would go check it out. As soon as I got there, I spotted the table. It was a little scuffed up and not the right color, but nothing a little spray paint couldn't fix. The best part was that it was only a buck. How could I go wrong? So I had the lady hold it for me and I told her I would come back after I finished my run. I did my last three miles, ran home, got my dollar, ran back to the sale, bought my table, and carried it 1/2 a mile home...just like my father has done a hundred times before!

To keep with the theme of my craft room, I spray painted it black. I then went to the dollar store and got a package of photo paper for a dollar. I went through all of the photos I had taken over the years and turned my favorite to black and white with photoshop and printed them out. I used double stick tape to adhere them to the top and then brushed on several coats of Mod Poge for furniture. I loved how it came out. I plan on putting it next to my chair once I find one.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks AMAZING! As much as your dad as that story started off... I don't think he's ever decopauged or used Mod Podged, so don't worry. Sounds like you're a good mix of both your parents.

That table came out really great. You need to make them for people and join the Sacramento Craft Mafia. Hahah!