Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where the Heart Is

Well I finally finished my first book, "Where the Heart Is." Overall it was an enjoyable read. Although there are many sad events, it is written in an upbeat way. It's been years since I watched the movie, but from what I remember, it followed the book fairly close. The book is about a young pregnant teenager who is left at Wal-Mart by her boyfriend in Oklahoma. She spends the next two months living in Wal-Mart. During that time, she meets many people who end up becoming great influences in her life. If you are looking for a quick feel good read that doesn't require much thought, this would be a good choice.


For my next book, the category I picked was: A Book Chosen Solely By Its Cover


My selection will be: The Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner

I have no idea what this book's about, but judging from the cover, it ought to be interesting! I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Holly West said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how this one is. I would've picked it just for the title.

Another good option for books: thrift stores. I just got a book called The Dante Club that I had already downloaded as a free sample on my Kindle for $1.00. Even though I loves me my Kindle, you can't beat a bargain like that!