Thursday, May 7, 2009

False Memory: A Smoking Review

Book number 5 has been completed! This book was 627 pages and I finished it in 8 days. For me, that's a record. I think this is one of the longest books, with the exception of Harry Potter, that I have ever read. All I can say is OMG! I loved it! I have never read anything by Dean Knootz before. This book was recommended to me by a friend. I think I actually might like Dean Knootz more than James Patterson.

I'm not really going to say much as to what the book is about for fear of spoiling something. When I first picked it up and started reading, I was like this book is alright, nothing was really grabbing me. But then it just took off and I couldn't put it down. I've been reading about three hours a day for the past two days just to finish it. Now I admit, it's not a super realistic story, but hey it was realistic enough. Need a big book to pass time on a flight? Take this one!

Since my past three books were thrillers for the most part, I went to the library today and picked out three new selections. My next read will be "Certain Girls," by Jennifer Weiner. I didn't know this at the time, but she wrote the book "In Her Shoes" which was made into a movie staring Cameron Diaz. Hopefully this will be a nice change of pace.

1 comment:

Holly West said...

I liked Certain Girls a lot. I've read all of Jennifer Weiner's books. In Her Shoes is my favorite, I think.