Monday, May 25, 2009

Review: Malice


Well this makes book number eight. All in all not too shabby for two months worth of reading. After reading this book I realized there are actually other writers out there, besides James Patterson, who write a mean thriller. In fact there are writer's out there who actually write them better! This is one such writer. Malice was about a man whose wife died twelve years prior. He is now seeing her in weird places. He even receives recent photographs of his wife and a copy of her death certificate with a big red question mark drawn on it. He is then lured back to Los Angeles to try and make sense of everything that is going on. In attempts to learn more about his dead wife, he begins talking to some of her close friends; however, one by one someone is murdering them.

All in all I great book. I took it camping and couldn't put it down. One thing I liked about the story is that it was slow moving, but not so slow that you lost interest. It was slow enough to make you want more. It was kind of like Lost. you would find out one or two things, but then three or four new things would pop up. I would rate it a very enjoyable read.

For my next choice, I picked Drood, by Dan Simmons. This one is going to be a challenge. It is nearly 800 pages. It is a historical mystery about the last five years of Charles Dicken's life. So far I have only read 35 pages, but I am enjoying it. So it might be a few days before I post another book review.

No comments: