Friday, November 2, 2007

Grandma Crafts Are For All Ages

Well I finally finished a project I have been working on for about a year. Sometime last year Jim and I went to Michael's craft store. For some reason we were in the latch-hook rug section. Jim saw this rug kit and told me I should get it. I thought about it, but decided not to. It was $20.00 bucks and I wasn't sure I would have the patience to finish it. I tried doing latch-hook when I was a kid and I just couldn't get into it. Time passed and every time I went to Michael's I would think about this rug and how cute it was. Finally I had a 40% off coupon and I decided I would give it a whirl. To my surprise, I found that I now enjoyed doing latch-hook. It gave me something to do while I was watching my Netflix. I actually finished the yarn part of it in July, but I finished putting the binding on it yesterday. I know latch-hook is totally "old lady" but I reminds me of Rusty and Marty and I think it's cute.

2 comments:

Holly West said...

Hmmmm. I do think it's cute since it looks like your cats. I could see myself doing something like that if I found a rug that looks like my dogs.

But I don't think either of our grandmas ever did anything like this.

Anonymous said...

Hey I was starting to think your "Plethora of Thoughts" was more like a trickle. You've been quiet woman lately!

Now, onto the rug. I think it's cute and it TOTALLY looks like Rusty and Marty. When I was little I did a lion latch hook rug. It took me a long time, but I really liked it in the end.

I'm struggling with my crochet right now. I need knitting help from you and your mom. I don't remember how to knit at all (but that didn't stop me from buying new yard and bamboo needles the last time I was at Wal Mart!)