Sunday, November 4, 2007

Merry Christmas From Florida

When I went to Florida in April, I was mesmerized by the white sands and the abundance of seashells. I literally brought back 10 lbs of sand and shells. I wanted a way to display some of the prettiest ones I found. I went to Michael's and got a box of do-it-yourself glass ornaments. I choose the cube shape because I wanted a shape other than the traditional ball. As you can see, I filled the ornament with sand and my shells. Because the trip was for our 1 year wedding anniversary, I decided to include one of the "love" charms from the champagne glasses at our wedding. I took some ribbon scraps, also left over from the wedding and hot glued it to the top. The words are just written with a fine point sharpie. Presto, a memorable Christmas ornament!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! You should have a TV show.

Holly West said...

Very cool!

Holly West said...

Hi Morgan,

I really like the wash cloths you gave me. I use one (one I haven't used yet) every day instead of a sponge.