Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chili Pepper Dish Rag

One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more. I got so busy with the holidays and I got away from it. So here we go for the new year. For Christmas this year I gave everyone hand knitted dish rags. All of them were pretty basic. Mostly all knit stitch. I came across this pattern for the chili pepper from one of the links my sister sent me. This was my first attempt at really following a pattern. I have to admit my first attempt was not successful and I got a little worried, but the second time was a charm. I made this for my mother-in-law because she likes peppers and has a southwest kitchen. I used a solid red cotton yarn and a #9 needle. The border was of my choosing, but I can't remember which stitch I choose. I was pleased at how it turned out. It is a little too big in my opinion for a dish rag, but I'm sure it will still work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pattern, but I thought you were going to post more this year? Hmmm???